CAM is pleased to announce that as part of our Revitalisation phase, we are seeking a General Manager. CAM connects people through art, history, place and ideas, striving to be bold in its curation and interpretation of historical and contemporary art, sparking new connections and ideas.
The General Manager supports the Director, CAM Renewal in the creation and realisation of an outstanding program of exhibitions, public programs and the care and development of CAM’s collection, with primary responsibilities in assisting the Director and the CAM Board to achieve organisational and financial sustainability, and for the development of CAM’s facilities and infrastructure. The position is 0.8 full time equivalent (four days per week).
A position description outlining key duties, responsibilities and details for applicants can be accessed here.
CAM is looking for these key skills, personal competencies and qualities
- Integrity, optimism and capacity to embrace the values of CAM (outlined in PD)
- Interest in and commitment to the arts
- Tertiary qualifications and/or relevant professional experience and expertise in finance, governance and operations of an arts or not-for-profit organisation
- Excellent oral and written communications, negotiation and interpersonal skills
- Experience in strategic planning, policy development and project management
- Financial literacy and management track record
- Knowledge of arts funding bodies and ability in fundraising and stakeholder relations
- Commitment to audience experience and development
- Experience in working collaboratively and positively with colleagues
- Capacity for multi-tasking
If you would like to apply please forward your application to Naomi Cass, Director, CAM Renewal. Applications should include a cover letter, curriculum vitae, a short statement addressing each of the key selection criteria and contact details for three referees. Applications close Friday 9 October 2020.
CAM encourages applications from those based in Central Victoria.