Friends of Castlemaine Art Museum Inc.
The purpose of FOCAM is to raise funds for the Gallery, broaden membership and organise art- related activities for gallery Friends.
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS OF JOINING FOCAM?
You can glow in the knowledge that with every event you attend you are raising funds to save our precious gallery. The Committee works hard to ensure we bring you interesting events and excursions. These include CAM Conversations where invited artists and people from the arts arena give illustrated talks. Excursion destinations include other galleries, artist studios, and places of interest and are held quarterly.
- quickly recoup your annual fee through the discounted entry to CAM Conversations and our quarterly excursions
- gain priority booking for bus excursions and for CAM Conversations, generally held monthly apart from December. To avail yourselves of priority booking for these events, please book when you are notified of the event
- be notified if the Committee organises a car pool to visit a gallery. These events are outside our planned quarterly excursions and bookings will operate on a first come basis and will involve a small cost
- be invited to participate in ad hoc events, such as going in a group to an unscheduled gallery visit
- be eligible to attend the Annual General Meeting and vote on important decisions
- be invited to join the Committee and any Board members who attend, to our annual Christmas breakup lunch that is held exclusively for Friends. It is a way of getting to know people over a relaxing lunch.
FEE STRUCTURE TO JOIN THE FRIENDS OF CASTLEMAINE ART MUSEUM INC:
Please note that to join the Friends of Castlemaine Art Museum Inc., you must be a financial member of the Castlemaine Art Museum. You need to complete the Friends membership form with your contact details and make the following payments:
- a joining fee of $5 to the Front of House Reception, this amount remains with the gallery to help cover administrative costs
- an annual subscription fee of $10 when you join and then each year thereafter whilst you remain a current financial gallery member. Our annual subscription fee goes towards meeting our insurance and recurrent costs.
When joining, the subscription fee should be:
- paid separately in cash and left in an envelope with your name on the front with Front of House at Reception; or
- mailed to the Friends of Castlemaine Art Museum, PO Box 917, Castlemaine, 3450; or
- paid into our bank account (see below).
Renewal of annual subscription fee:
On receipt of notification (sometime in May) that your annual subscription fee of $10 is due ($20 per couple), please pay the amount into our account (see details below) promptly.
Friends of Castlemaine Art Museum account details:
BSB 313140, Account number 12143758 with your name and Subs in the remitter space.
If you do not do internet banking please place the relevant amount in an envelope with the amount included, and name on the front of the envelope and leave it with Front of House at the Castlemaine Art Museum from Thursday to Sunday between 12md and 5pm, or mail as above.
If your payment is not received by 31st May, a Committee member will be in contact with you. These fees ensure that all funds we raise from our events are donated to the Castlemaine Art Museum.